Client Services

PCA Services


Personal care assistance (PCA) services help a person with day-to-day activities in their home and community. PCAs help people with activities of daily living (ADL), health-related procedures and tasks, observation and redirection of behaviors and instrumental activities of daily living (IADL) for adults. PCA services are available to eligible people enrolled in a Minnesota Health Care Program.

These services may include:

  • Assistance in Dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, eating, transfer, mobility, Positioning.
  • Light housekeeping
  • Medication reminder
  • Our PCA’s are professionally trained and are guided by the plan of care, and are supervised by a Qualified Professional (QP).


Homemaker Services
Homemakers may monitor the person’s well-being while in the home, including home safety.

Homemaker services are listed in the community support plan and include:

  • Cleaning
  • Companionship
  • Laundry
  • Meal preparation
  • Routine household care
  • Shopping for food, clothing and supplies
  • Simple household repairs
  • Social stimulation
  • Transportation arrangement


Private Duty Nursing (PDN) Services
Private Duty Nursing (PDN) Services are nursing services ordered by a physician, for a recipient whose illness, injury, physical or mental condition requires more individual and continuous care by a Registered (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) than can be provided in a single or twice daily skilled nurse visit and requires greater skill than a Home Health Aide (HHA) or Personal Care Assistant (PCA) can provide.

PDN services:

  • Are for recipients who need more individual and continuous skilled nursing care than provided in a skilled nurse visit
  • Are for care outside the scope of services provided by a Home Health Aide/PCA
  • Are provided under a plan of care or service plan approved by the physician
  • Specify the level of care the nurse is qualified to provide
  • Are ordered by the recipient’s physician
  • May be used outside of the recipient’s home during hours when normal life activities take them outside of their home
  • Must be provided by an RN or LPN
  • May be provided by an RN or LPN with a hardship waiver who is one of the following: parent of a minor child, spouse or non-corporate legal guardian


Interpreting Services

If you are non-English speaking and need help in communicating with us, we will provide you with a professionally trained interpreter that will assist you in facilitating home care service for you or a loved one.