DHS INDIVIDUAL PCA TRAINING
- Go to Individual Personal Care Assistant Training
- Minnesota statute requires all PCAs to take and pass the above certification test.
- The online training and test is free.
- You must register with DHS before taking the test.
- When you pass the test, please print the certificate for your records.
- All PCAs are required to complete the orientation test before beginning work.
- Download and study the PCA Home Training Packet – and then take the Orientation Test
- Complete the training and testing of Home Care Bill of Rights
- All PCAs are required to complete 8 hours of continuing education each year.
- You must complete the following 4 courses EVERY YEAR
- Pro-Health Care Policies and Procedures
- Maltreatment of minors and vulnerable adults
- Home Care Bill of Rights
- Infection Control Techniques
- In addition to the above courses offered by Pro-Health Care, PCAs can choose online courses by CareStar Learning.
- You must get a username and password from the office to enroll.
- Follow the instructions below to access CareStar online training:
- Go to: http://carestar.learnupon.com
- Click ‘Login’ on the top right of the page and enter your username and password
- If the site asks you to update your profile, enter your first and last names
- Click ‘Dashboard’ in top menu
- Select a course you want to take and click ‘Start’
- Use the arrow keys to read the course material
- Click ‘Next Module’ on the top right to take the quiz